C’est Tout Shrimp Creole
- 2 pounds medium fresh shrimp, shells and heads on
- 6 cups of water
- 1 yellow onion, quartered
- 2 dried bay leaves
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 6 tablespoons C’est Tout Dried Trinity Mix
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Peel shrimp, reserving the shells and heads. Refrigerate Shrimp
- In a large saucepan, add shrimp heads and shells. 6 cups water, quartered onion, bay leaves, and salt
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat to medium and simmer, uncovered for 30 minutes
- Remove from heat
- Strain through a fine-mesh strainer, discarding solids, set aside
- In a large cast-iron dutch oven, whisk together oil and flour over medium heat. Cook, stirring, until a peanut butter-colored roux forms, about 20 minutes.
- Add C’est Tout Trinity Mix, and cook, stirring, until soft 6-8 minutes.
- Add shrimp stock and whisk to combine. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to medium-low
- Simmer uncovered, stirring often, about 1 hour and 10 minutes
- Add Shrimp and cayenne, simmer for 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat, and stir in parsley
- Serve over cooked rice